Form of Convertible Promissory Note
THIS INSTRUMENT AND THE SECURITIES ISSUABLE UPON THE CONVERSION HEREOF HAVE NOT BEEN REGISTERED UNDER THE SECURITIES ACT OF 1933, AS AMENDED (THE “ACT”). THEY MAY NOT BE SOLD, OFFERED FOR SALE, PLEDGED, HYPOTHECATED OR OTHERWISE TRANSFERRED EXCEPT PURSUANT TO AN EFFECTIVE REGISTRATION STATEMENT UNDER THE ACT OR UPON RECEIPT BY THE COMPANY OF AN OPINION OF COUNSEL SATISFACTORY TO THE COMPANY THAT REGISTRATION IS NOT REQUIRED UNDER THE ACT.
CONVERTIBLE PROMISSORY NOTE
|No. CN-[NUMBER]||Date of Issuance|
|US$500,000.00||November 5, 2018|
FOR VALUE RECEIVED, Professional Diversity Network, INC, a Delaware corporation (the “Company”), hereby promises to pay to the order of GNet Tech Holdings Public Limited Company(the “Holder”), the principal sum of US$500,000.00, together with interest thereon from the date of this Note. Interest will accrue at a simple rate of 6% per annum. Unless earlier converted into Conversion Shares pursuant to Section 4 of that certain Convertible Note Purchase Agreement dated November , 2018, by and among the Company, the Holder and the other parties thereto (the “Purchase Agreement”), the principal and accrued interest of this Note will be due and payable by the Company at any time on or after the Maturity Date at the Company’s election or upon demand by the Holder.
This Note is one of a series of Notes issued pursuant to the Purchase Agreement, and capitalized terms not defined herein will have the meanings set forth in the Purchase Agreement.
1. Payment. All payments will be made in lawful money of the United States of America at the principal office of the Company, or at such other place as the Holder may from time to time designate in writing to the Company. Payment will be credited first to accrued interest due and payable, with any remainder applied to principal. Prepayment of principal, together with accrued interest, may not be made without the written consent of the Holder.
2. Security. This Note is a general unsecured obligation of the Company.
3. Conversion of the Notes. This Note and any amounts due hereunder will be convertible into Conversion Shares in accordance with the terms of Section 4 of the Purchase Agreement.
4. Amendments and Waivers; Resolutions of Dispute; Notice. The amendment or waiver of any term of this Note, the resolution of any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this Note and the provision of notice among the Company and the Holder will be governed by the terms of the Purchase Agreement.
5. Successors and Assigns. This Note applies to, inures to the benefit of, and binds the respective successors and assigns of the parties hereto; provided, however, that the Company may not assign its obligations under this Note without the written consent of the Requisite Noteholders. Any transfer of this Note may be effected only pursuant to the Purchase Agreement and by surrender of this Note to the Company and reissuance of a new note to the transferee. The Holder and any subsequent holder of this Note receives this Note subject to the foregoing terms and conditions, and agrees to comply with the foregoing terms and conditions for the benefit of the Company and any other Purchasers (or their respective successors or assigns).
6. Officers and Directors not Liable. In no event will any officer or director of the Company be liable for any amounts due and payable pursuant to this Note.
7. Limitation on Interest. In no event will any interest charged, collected or reserved under this Note exceed the maximum rate then permitted by applicable law, and if any payment made by the Company under this Note exceeds such maximum rate, then such excess sum will be credited by the Holders as a payment of principal.
8. Choice of Law. This Note, and all matters arising out of or relating to this Note, whether sounding in contract, tort, or statute will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Delaware.
9. Approval. The Company hereby represents that its board of directors, in the exercise of its fiduciary duty, has approved the Company’s execution of this Note based upon a reasonable belief that the principal provided hereunder is appropriate for the Company after reasonable inquiry concerning the Company’s financing objectives and financial situation. In addition, the Company hereby represents that it intends to use the principal of this Note primarily for the operations of its business, and not for any personal, family or household purpose.
|Professional Diversity Network, INC|